Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I am learning.....

Random thoughts on my run this am of what the Lord is teaching me....

No matter how much help I have, gravity always wins when several inches of rain fall on 25 acres (thanks alot Adam, you really are to blame)...

For his walk, for his plainness of thought, for his humble discipleship of multiple generations, for his service to our country and telling Harry Truman exactly how he felt face to face, for his multiple successful businesses and careers, for how he thinks younger than me, for how he is spending his life, resources, money and time spreading the gospel, for how he loves, Tio Bill is the best man I've ever known (here on the foundation-orphanage)...........

Hearts right with God can be completely wrong politically, environment influences people (my buddy Milton regularly paints pictures of Che Guevara).......

Loyalty runs deep in the animal kingdom......

Tight clothing reveal more of whats on the inside than out......

700 square feet exposes  hidden talents, character flaws and hygienic deficiencies....

Gospel clarity does or does not play out in our lives, words mean little....

My family is amazingly strong, resilient, brave, honest and learning God's deep capacity for Grace!


God provides what we need, not always what we want.  Why can't we learn that!  As I was writing this, not only did our morning driver tell us to call him to work out continued service but we had an individual come forward who offered to pick up my family from school (currently they are taking the bus home.)  Both us and others have prayed hard to resolve our lack of transportation and He answered within 24 hours.  Caveat.......continue to pray, the man driving home has only one eye which explains his poor driving!  Leaning on Him and focusing on needs, not wants.....

No comments:

Post a Comment