Tuesday, July 31, 2012

'Fearless'

We just finished up camps for the summer and are resting, relaxing to catch our breaths: Brock's in Banos and the Coe's here on campus.  We had incredible fruit that occurred on campus and off at our partner sites where kids made professions of faith, connections were made and others in the process of being changed by the One who changes lives!  In addition, it was evident HIS moving in the hearts of local nationals to invest and come alongside us in our efforts - which has been a yearlong process of prayer for both families. Our investment in the older orphanage kids also was evident in their involvement and interaction with the groups. Despite rejoicing in HIS provision and progress in the ministry, something has been nagging at my heart which I couldn't quite square with what we were seeing.  Some of it has been earthly stuff and some questioning our impact, ability and even calling here.  It then became apparent.  A couple of weeks back, a good friend from the Crossgate Team gave me a book on the life of a US Navy Seal from his church that gave the ultimate sacrifice for his family, friends and country in Afganistan.  I just finished the book 'Fearless' which described how Adam Brown, a Christ-follower, lived both his personal and work life as an example to us all. Even in sight of and through tremendous movements of God, our enemy can sow seeds of doubt that can lead us to question ourselves!  No pictures, pithy comments or stories to convey about this summer, just concluding words in Hebrews 13:5-8 to stand on: 

'"I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.'"  So we can say with confidence, '"The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?'"  Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.'"

Today, my heart is assured: I have the power of the Holy Spirit in me to make the best decisions for HIM, nothing to fear, people who have poured into me as an example and the ONE who was poured out for me that will never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment